Thursday 21 July 2016

Suddenly...Polybians!

Good afternoon,

As I put away my newly completed Velites...


...it suddenly occurred to me that, after, what, about 17 years, I now have a fully painted Polybian Roman DBA army!


Replete with...
  • a camp element, 
  • camp followers,
  • an Italian Ally Auxilia element, 
  • two Equites, 
  • two Triarii, 
  • three Princeps, 
  • three Hastati and 
  • two Velites.




Whoo Hoo! Now I just have to start hacking away at my Carts...


(My first application of my new Carthaginian Little Big Men Studio shield transfers. The shields were kinda of dirty, which kinda worked for the edge spearmen, but, well...not so much for the trumpeter. Still, way better than I could have managed by hand.)

Nick

6 comments:

  1. Good feeling eh... well done.

    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I'm pretty sure that some of these figures were samples that were sent over from HaT many moons ago...

      Delete
  2. Huzzah!
    Just think what you could get done in the next 17 years! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah indeed! These blokes were almost incidental to getting through my double Marian army - I'm using the same elements to represent the Polybian Roman Princeps as I am to represent Marian Roman Legionaries. Only three more elements of those to go.

      Then to finish my Parthians so I can fight Carrhae.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see another 1/72nd scale DBA army taking shape. Mine is taking a while to finish, but I'm getting there. Recently did the cavalry using some of the same figures you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I saw your Romans. Very nice job indeed. That's a fair number for a DBA army - are they bound for Impetus as well?

      Delete