Monday 9 November 2015

2015 Conquest X Wing Game 5

vs. Tim

Good evening,

So, there I was. Three up, one down. Who'da thunk it?!

Alas and alak, now, since I was running...fourth, I think...I was up with the big boys. Tim, no less! Arghh!

Tim was flying Vader in all his souped up glory, and 4 Black Squadron Ties with Hot Shot, I think it was. Nope. That's not it. Crack shot, that was it. Cancels an evade die. At the most inopportune time!

So away we went.


Some lovely formation flying by the Black street boys. Vader just hung out in the wings, awaiting his opportunity.

Unfortunately, I split my advance, which played right into Tim's hand.


Instead of concentrating my four onto one of his, I went two on one instead.



Not so, his return fire on my Viper. (Though it did take...three? Crack Shots to do it.)

Drats!

Still...


...at least one of my pairs did the biz.

Huzzah...?

Next bound and...



...Vader zaps my M3.

Poor wee thing.

I in turn...


...pop another Black head.

Huzzah...?

A one-for-one war of attrition will not end well for me.

And then...


...Tim just out flew me...


...by blocking my Hawk's every move, thus denying him actions...


...which Vader took full advantage of!

Well flown Tim, well flown.

Still, I still had a mighty Zed!




Huzzah!

Don't you love it when your opponent rolls blanks?!

Now I just had to kill one more Tie...and Vader...


Run baby, run!


But the trouble is, your guns are pointing the wrong way...


Oh, that's right, Vader shoots first!

Great game Tim, Very clever indeed.

And that was the end of that. I ended the day with three wins, two losses and enough MOV to get me fifth overall.

So my Fives' Fighter Foray got me fifth!

Huzzah!

Thanks Andrew for organizing it, thanks Tim for sponsoring it, and thanks boys for playing in it!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment