Sunday 30 November 2014

X Wing At Comics - Game 1

Good evening,

Since Comics is closing down it's X Wing Sundays for a while over the Christmas period, I thought I'd try to get along after church this afternoon for a last bash...for a while. (There was mention of some Saturday games that will take up the slack in Durham St...somewhere...)

Anyway, I had had a game on Friday night with Mark D using a couple of TIE Interceptors and Vader in his TIE Advanced, so I thought I'd tweak the list...


...and see what would happen.

I rocked up while Andrew was painting his TIE Bomber and he kindly put aside his paint to have a game with me, using a list that he'd thrown together to test out against another list he was experimenting with. His 'B' list, if you will.

And away we went.


I thought to try and entice him into the asteroids, as these TIEs are pretty manoeuvrable, what with boosts and barrel rolls and such.


Unfortunately, Vader misjudged and landed on an asteroid. No actions, no shooting, no good at all.


And that jolly bomber lived! I was expecting that eight attack dice would have done it in. Not so, my rolls were not all that I had hoped they would have been.

So Vader, Soontir and the Sabre pilot go their separate ways...



...with Vader facing Vader. Mine was all lined up for a Cluster Missiles strike, but...



...Andrew had initiative, and shot first.

But at least Vader survived...?

In the meantime Andrew's Gamma guy had K Turned, and, well...



...bang! There goes the Sabre.

Bother!

Well, at least Soontir was in a target rich environment!


And, what with his boosts and Push the Limits, he was flying circles around...well, actually, around that one asteroid. Again, and again.


All while Andy flew his Firespray out and back so as to send it back again.




Oh come on!!

Round that rock again.




Ships passing in the night...

...and then...



Finally!!

Which just left two.




That Vader is a slippery fellow. I kept hitting him, and he kept evading, one way or the other.





Pew pew pew...ping, ping, ping...

And then I fly just a little too fast...


...squeezing out a touch in front of the Big V...


...the hits from whom set up the Firespray...



...to finally finish off Soontir.

But, all things considered...Soontir 'da man! Such wow, so many dodge.

:-)

Thanks for the game Andrew, I really enjoyed it.

Nick

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well...not so much! Soontir still had to deal with a full health (no shields) Vader plus a full hull, full shield Firespray after dealing to that Bomber, so...yeah, not so much!

      Great game though, Soontir was laughing off all but those final attacks!

      Nick

      Delete