Friday 11 October 2013

One HOTT Spring Night - Game Three

Right. Two down, time to put those silly Knights away and pick up some good old fashion Spear.

Release the...Hoplite Greeks!

  • 1 Spear General
  • 7 Spear
  • 1 Rider
  • 2 Lurkers
  • 1 God - Ares. He may look familiar...

I'm the defender again, so I set up some more rough going to limit the width of the battle space, and away we went.


Robin also changed armies - VSF Brits.

  • 1 Blade General
  • 1 Blade
  • 2 Shooters
  • 4 Riders
  • 2 Flyers
  • 1 Behemoth - a Steam Giant

I tried to delay his cavalry-held flank with my one rider (!), while trying to push forward with the strength of my army, the men in bronze. And linen. There's even one in leather...



Unfortunately, Robin also pushed forward his mobile assets on his left. Flyers. To which I had no answer. Bother.



Just then Ares hisself decided to turn up to strengthen my left. Cool!



And in piled my centre...


While Robin's Shooters sprang my Sneakers.


To good effect!


At about that time, Robin's darsterdly Flyers, well, flew up behind one of my valiant Spears.


But he lived!


On the other flank, Ares was holding his own...


...until he decided to, well, beedle off!


Blimmin' Gods!

Still, at least my pointy stick'd wonders were dealing to the enemy.



Unfortunately, they weren't the only ones with pointy sticks. Robin dealt out some bayonet'd justice himself.


Things weren't going so well around the edges either.





At least I was doing better in the centre.







So there we were, both down 10 points. If either of us were to lose one more element, it'd be all over.


And in flew Robin's remaining flyer...



...and well, err...


...still, a jolly good time was had by all!

Thanks for the evening Robin, and the coffee.

Nick

Oh, and this just in... Robin's version can be read here.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yep, we're pretty happy with them - Robin's done a great job on that WarMachine WarJack. Really looks the part.

      Delete