Tuesday 8 March 2011

Re-Crewed Airfix AB Chariots

Good afternoon,

In between digging out silt (oh my, but there is a lot of it - on the other side of the city, mind...), I've been pottering along with some old Airfix chariots that I've been meaning to re-crew for ages.

A good number of years ago my sister, who was in the UK at the time, got me a 20mm Newline AB chariot. The chariot didn't really fit in with the rest of my [re-wheeled (with Freikorp 15mm artillery wheels)] Airfix chariots, but it came with two different sets of crew, and I thought "I can use those". And finally I have.





I think they work quite well.

The other two are much like one I did earlier. Re-crewed with Italeri Gallic command figures, with an Esci driver (and a comparatively boring Airfix one).



Trouble is, now I've got more chariots than I know what to do with!

Nick

5 comments:

  1. Now there´s an idea I didn´t come up with!! They look great...good idea of mixing and matching the bits and crews from hat.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romano British Chariot races? You could call them Ben Hurlee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks boys.

    Chariot races! Ben Hurlee! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really good, nice post

    ReplyDelete